Oppose Jeff Sessions as Attorney General
Jeff Sessions was nominated by Donald Trump to be Attorney General of the United States. For many, this is a controversial pick given Session's storied past of discrimination. In 1986, Sessions was nominated to be a federal judge and was rejected by a Republican Controlled Congress on testimonites by former colleagues that he was a racist. Other facts to know about Jeff Sessions:
- Sessions has called the Voting Rights Act of 1965 a “piece of intrusive legislation.”
- Sessions opposed bipartisan legislation to reduce the outrageously harsh sentences for low level drug offenders.
- Sessions called for more mandatory-minimum sentences and harsher punishments for drug crimes.
- Sessions would like interfere with state marijuana laws, stating that “Good people don’t smoke marijuana”.
- Sessions has endorsed the idea of a Muslim Ban and wants to dramatically increase punishments for undocumented immigrants.
Hi, my name is [Name] and I'm a concerned constituent from [City, Zip].
I'm calling to express my deep opposition to the confirmation of Jeff Sessions as Attorney General. I think he is incredibly unqualified for the job and hope that my Senator will vote no on his confirmation.
[IF VOICEMAIL: please leave your entire home address to ensure your call is tallied]
Address * (to find your reps!)
How many people did you call?